Employees at Atkins Savings Bank & Trust have been serving the residents of Atkins and the surrounding agricultural community since April 15, 1915. The bank name has changed over the years but we offer the same quality service as we did when we began some 95 years ago.
The Atkins Savings Bank was opened in 1894 on the northeast side of Main Avenue, Atkins. In 1915, Farmers Savings Bank opened in a building across the street from the present bank building. Atkins Savings Bank built a new bank building in 1917 at 97 Main Avenue (our current location). The old bank building was used as a butcher shop and as a doctor’s office. In April 1927 the two banks merged and the name was changed to Peoples Savings Bank. In 1984, after operating for 57 years under the Peoples Savings Bank name, the name was changed to Atkins Savings Bank & Trust.
The owners and managers of ASB are proud to call Atkins their home. We believe in forming lasting individual, business and agricultural relationships with those in our community. Policies, procedures and services provided at ASB are developed in Atkins with one thing in mind: How can we provide the best banking services to our community?