Signs of Identity Theft
Don’t rely on others to notify you that your information has been stolen. Know what to look for. Early detection can help limit the damage done by an identity thief. Here are indicators that you may be a victim.
- You notice unfamiliar transactions on your bank statements or when viewing your account with online banking.
- You notice unfamiliar transactions on your credit card accounts.
- Your credit report includes unfamiliar accounts or charges.
- Your credit report contains inquiries made by businesses in response to applications for credit, loans, or services you didn’t initiate.
- You receive collection notices or calls about a debt that isn’t yours.
- You have a good credit rating but are denied credit in response to an application.
- Your checks are refused by merchants.
- Bills, statements, or other expected mail or email doesn’t arrive.
- You are notified by the IRS that you have income from an employer unknown to you or that more than one tax return was filed with your Social Security number.
- You are notified of a data breach at a company that involves your information.
If you notice anything suspicious on your account, please contact Atkins Savings Bank at 319-446-7700 and we would be happy to help you.